Re: [ELPA] New package: plz

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: plz
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 17:36:41 -0400

> I'd like to submit plz.el [0] to GNU ELPA.

Thanks, added.

> It's an HTTP library that uses Curl as a backend.

I hope we can consolidate this with `request.el` and `url.el` sooner
rather than later.  As others mentioned, adding a backend to plz which
uses url.el (or at least doesn't require `curl` to be installed) would
be great.

The way HTTP is evolving, I suspect we're going to need to rely on
C libraries (as opposed to url.el's "it's all ELisp" approach) in the
not too distant future, tho.

        Stefan