Re: [ELPA] New package: plz

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: plz
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 14:29:49 +0300

> From: Jonas Bernoulli <jonas@bernoul.li>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 13:13:03 +0200
>
> TL;DR Maybe this was overly negative.  That wasn't my intention.  What I
> really want to say is this: could someoneā„¢ with experience in this area
> pretty please start working on bringing libcurl to Emacs?

Are we confident enough that libcurl can satisfy Emacs's needs?
Shouldn't someoneā„¢ first study our requirements and make sure they can
be fulfilled by using libcurl?  It is not immediately clear to me that
the answer is YES because Emacs in many cases has some unique
requirements that other applications not necessarily have.