[emacs bookmark.el] Sorting by last set

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: [emacs bookmark.el] Sorting by last set
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 13:34:48 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to code a way to sort the bookmark list by the "last modified
date" (i.e. not the creation date of the bookmark but last time the
bookmark was modified).

AFAIU, the current order of the buffer list is always "last created
first" and there is no date associated with the modification.

In order to have this feature, I could modify the default order of the
bookmark list to "last modified first" or add a new field for each
record with the modification date? The former modifies the default order
of the bookmark list. The latter modifies the bookmark files format.

FWIW, I've tried doing the latter but I think I'd prefer the former as
it would work automatically with a 'bookmark-sort-flag' to nil.

What do you guys think?
--
Manuel Giraud