Re: [External] : [emacs bookmark.el] Sorting by last set

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: [External] : [emacs bookmark.el] Sorting by last set
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 17:32:35 +0200

>> What do you guys think?
>
> 1. Please don't change the bookmark-file format.

Yes I've seen this comment in bookmark.el. It seems that it should not
be taken lightly. So this rules out adding a "modified date" field (my
2nd option) but maybe my first option (sorting 'bookmark-alist' in last
modified order by default) is still possible.

> 2. You can find code for sorting bookmarks (in
>    many ways) in Bookmark+.  See attached
>    screenshot for the predefined ways.

Why not. I'm just using the bundled bookmark.el but maybe I should use a
package for such an advance feature.
--
Manuel Giraud