OKURI-NASI

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: OKURI-NASI
Date: Sun, 29 May 2022 22:18:01 +0200

The following takes 15 seconds on my laptop:

(skkdic-convert "~/src/emacs/trunk/leim/SKK-DIC/SKK-JISYO.L" "/tmp/")

This generates the lisp/leim/ja-dic/ja-dic.el file in a normal (or
bootstrap) build.

I wonder whether anybody's taken a look at speeding that up lately?
Because it's a bit annoying (especially since make isn't doing much else
while parsing/generating the dictionary).

We could, alternatively, just include the generated file in git (because
it seldom changes), but...  On the one hand, it would save a lot of
electricity, but on the other hand, including generated files in git is
a bit tedious.