Re: wrap-search 3.3.5

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: wrap-search 3.3.5
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 08:07:26 +0000

Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> writes:

>>> No, if you are adding the stuff please provide exact
>>> instructions what should happen from my part, or if this
>>> process is described somewhere already, likely?
>>
>> I am afraid I don't know what you mean. All {GNU,NonGNU}
>> ELPA will need is a link to a Git repository, where you
>> track change to your file? Nothing special.
>
> OK, is there a recommended service? Is there one I can access
> with CLI tools? Or you can do that with all of them, right?
> As in Git as in git(1)?

git push/pull and that kind of stuff should be doable with any service,
if you want to create repositories you'll need to use a web interface or
some special client.

> Maybe you can even setup the account from the shell or
> a non-JS browser, e.g. Emacs-w3m?

As far as I understand you have a webserver that serves files from a
directory on some server?  If so, you can create a bare repository in
your server directory

     $ git init wrap-search.git

on your local machine you can then create a git repository, add your
file, initialise a remote repository and push your current state:

     $ git init
     $ git add wrap-search.el
     $ git commit -m "Initial commit"
     $ git remote add origin your-user@your-server:path/to/wrap-search.git
     $ git push remote

you can then check if everything works by cloning this repository

    $ git clone https://your-website.net/some/other/path/wrap-search.git

> Is there a place preferred by ELPA people?

The ELPA people do not have any singular preferred service, to my
knowledge.  This might be of use:
https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.en.html.