Re: Unicode 15

From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh
Subject: Re: Unicode 15
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 17:54:21 +0530

The admin/notes/unicode file also asks to include the BidiCharacterTest.txt file to the admin/unidata directory,
but unlike other files whose unicode 14 version were present, this one was missing, so should it be place there regardless?

Also in lisp/international/characters.el file in the char-width-table soft hyphen (00ad) is not included in the non-spacing category
even though it has the Cf text property, should I include it there, also in the non spacing category, arabic-semicolon (061b) is included
even though it has the Po property, so should it be removed?

Thanks.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 8:09 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh
>  <lumarzeli30@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 06:26:35 +0530
>
> Unicode 15 has just been released, and I was wondering whether this time I could work on updating Emacs
> to support it and if there are some special instructions/guidelines that I should keep in mind while updating it?

See admin/notes/unicode.