Re: Unicode 15

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Unicode 15
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 15:52:24 +0300

> From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh <lumarzeli30@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 17:54:21 +0530
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> The admin/notes/unicode file also asks to include the BidiCharacterTest.txt
> file to the admin/unidata
> directory,
> but unlike other files whose unicode 14 version were present, this one was
> missing, so should it be place
> there regardless?

It is not missing, it is in test/manual/ directory.  See this part of
admin/notes/unicode:

  The file BidiCharacterTest.txt should be copied to the test suite, and
  if its format has changed, the file biditest.el there should be
  modified to follow suit.  If there's trailing whitespace in
  BidiCharacterTest.txt, it should be removed before committing the new
  version.

> Also in lisp/international/characters.el file in the char-width-table soft
> hyphen (00ad) is not included in the
> non-spacing category
> even though it has the Cf text property, should I include it there

No, because Emacs doesn't (yet) handle this character as Unicode mandates.

> also in the non spacing category,
> arabic-semicolon (061b) is included
> even though it has the Po property, so should it be removed?

Probably, yes.