Re: Unicode 15

From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh
Subject: Re: Unicode 15
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 06:56:48 +0530

The lisp/international/ucs-normalize-tests.el is failing and the file says to adjust
ucs-normalize-tests--failing-lines-part1 and ucs-normalize-tests--failing-lines-part2,
but what do the numbers mean there?

Also, the latest noto emoji[1] is in a new format named COLRv1 which I guess is not yet supported by
emacs therefore all of the emojis are appearing as blank, so we should support that in the future.
in the meantime do you know of any other font which supports the newest emojis so that emoji support could be
tested?

Thanks.

[1] https://fonts.google.com/noto/specimen/Noto+Color+Emoji

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 10:24 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh <lumarzeli30@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 22:15:32 +0530
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> Thanks! I should not change it then and instead verify the double width characters

Yes.  Especially any changes and additions in that area.