Re: Unicode 15

From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh
Subject: Re: Unicode 15
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 10:04:02 +0530

After using the monochrome Noto Emoji font, I can verify that the newly added emojis are rendered correctly.

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 5:31 AM समीर सिंह Sameer Singh <lumarzeli30@gmail.com> wrote:
Well I just made a fresh new emacs directory copied the unicode 15 files there and compiled it,
and insert-char is now working as intended there! Maybe I did something wrong in the old one or it was something else.

Thanks

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 12:35 AM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> From: समीर सिंह Sameer Singh <lumarzeli30@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 00:03:33 +0530
> Cc: rpluim@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
>  Suppose you tell what exactly did you do with "C-x 8 RET" that didn't
>  work?
>
> After typing "C-x 8 RET" I type the names of the newly added characters such as "kawi",
> "nag mundari" etc in the prompt and then try to TAB autocomplete it but they do not appear,
> also when describe-char-ing these characters
> their unicode name also does not show up in Character code properties

And this is after rebuilding Emacs following all the changes in the
admin/unidata/ files?

Do the new characters appear in admin/unidata/unidata.txt?  That file
was supposed to be re-generated from new UnicodeData.txt.