Re: Adding a "quick-help" menu

From: Visuwesh
Subject: Re: Adding a "quick-help" menu
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 10:37:45 +0530

[சனி செப்டம்பர் 17, 2022] Philip Kaludercic wrote:

>> It specifically shows help to this prefix key, I do not have
>> to move the mouse, I do not have to look for a symbol to
>> click or a menu entry which might be related.
>
> But none of this is necessary when you press C-h.  The only disadvantage
> is that you would have to repeat the prefix, but I think that could be
> changed.

Not that I have tried but from what I hear, embark's C-h thingy is the
best of both worlds: you still get a nice overview of _all_ the possible
keybindings under the prefix, and you don't have to repeat the prefix
since embark's thingy completes against the keybinding and the command
name i.e., it uses completing-read.  It has the added bonus of not
showing up uninvited just like Emacs does right now.