Re: [External] : Re: master 127ab231be 1/2: Attempt to clarify Input Foc

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: master 127ab231be 1/2: Attempt to clarify Input Focus documentation
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 10:54:19 +0800

> Thanks, Eli.  I'll hang onto this info.  I doubt
> I'll try using the applet, but I appreciate knowing
> about it.  By now I'm used to clicking to focus,
> but I do miss having the focus follow the mouse,
> which I recall from UNIX/X Window behavior long ago.

Interesting.  Personally, I don't miss that behavior at all, having
spent a lot of time on older X setups running uwm/twm in the past, one
complaint being the input focus randomly moving to other windows while
typing upon accidental mouse motion (typically caused by dirty mouse
balls.)

It is also rather painful to program for, especially when your program
uses window nesting liberally.