Re: master 127ab231be 1/2: Attempt to clarify Input Focus documentation

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 127ab231be 1/2: Attempt to clarify Input Focus documentation
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 15:53:59 +0300

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Cc: Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org,
>   larsi@gnus.org
> Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 19:56:25 +0800
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Yes.  I actually don't understand how can people use some other
> > policy, when moving focus to another frame or a different application
> > requires that you click on its window.  That basically means yopu
> > never work with more than one frame/window.
>
> Interesting.
>
> In the X world, we have mostly switched to "some other strategy",
> because that is what MS Windows does by default (and people are as a
> result used to.)

Bad habits of people who don't necessarily know something better is
possible.

On every new Windows machine where I need to do something for more
than 5 minutes, I always configure it to implicitly give focus to a
window where the mouse pointer is (but not raise it), because that's
the only way to type into one window while reading something in
another (unless you have a huge display where both windows can be
shown side by side).