Re: Memory problems update

From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: Memory problems update
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 00:32:29 +0100

On Fri, Sep 23 2022, Jose A Ortega Ruiz wrote:

[...]

> Corfu seems indeed to be the cause of the leaks: they go away without
> it, and memory seems to stabilise in pgtk/wayland around the same mark
> as in X11 (at least for the first day of continuous usage).

i might have spoken too quickly: my currently running emacs instance
just went from 850Mb to 1250Mb resident RAM in a very sort period
(minutes at most) for no apparent reason (i think i was just reading
email), without corfu. (btw, that's a pattern i observe: the increases
happen in more or less sudden jumps, never progressively.)

sigh.  perhaps i should just remove the memory monitor from my status
bar :)

cheers,
jao
--
A LISP programmer knows the value of everything, but the cost of
nothing. - Alan Perlis, Epigrams on Programming