Re: Memory problems update

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Memory problems update
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 08:20:11 +0800

Jose A Ortega Ruiz <jao@gnu.org> writes:

> Seems more of an issue for corfu's bug tracker than emacs's, but let me
> know if you think otherwise.
>
> Many thanks for your advice, it's a big relief to have back a well
> behaved emacs!

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a bug in Corfu either.  GTK
repeatedly maps and allocates memory when displaying a child frame, and
somehow that is very fragment-y.

My honest opinion is that child frames are a mis-feature that could
easily be implemented with normal frames (i.e. completion popups could
be undecorated transient override-redirect frames), and judging by the
messy implementation details on most systems, I think I'm right.