Re: Issue building master

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Issue building master
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 17:16:15 +0000 (UTC)

Hi:

On Monday, December 12, 2022 at 05:05:12 PM GMT+1, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 15:49:29 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Ergus <spacibba@aol.com>
> Cc: "emacs-devel@gnu.org" <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> > If this is during startup after the build, then your pdmp file either
> > doesn't exist or is faulty.
> >
> > This looks like the issue... How can I solve this? Make extracleanor make boostrap does not solve
> > this?
>
> Do you install Emacs (as in "make install"), or do you run it from the
> source tree?
>
> From source tree. I checkout to other branches, old commits, recompiled, emacs -Q... just same
> error again and again.

The emacs-29 branch also?
Yes.

And a clean new clone also?  Then it's almost certainly something specific to your system.  Did you update
some libraries or tools or some other software lately?
actually I use Arch, so yes because it is a rolling release. But I don't have any other problem with anything else, just emacs.. so... not sure it is my system...

What if you try configuring Emacs with

  ./configure ... --enable-checking='yes,glyphs' CFLAGS='-O0 -g3'

(where "..." stands for the other options you use when you configure
Emacs) -- do you see something different?
Same behavior

If you download the Emacs 28.2 tarball, can you build and run it?
I will try this one in a while then...

Sorry for too much bother, but this is making me crazy since yesterday...