emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs "Projects" management?

From: Grant Rosson
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs "Projects" management?
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2021 15:45:09 +0300

I wasn't using any of the programmer-specific functions of 'project.el' or 'projectile,' so as a test I switched to using karthink's 'consult-dir' (avail on Melpa) to quickly
access my project directories, which I have bookmarked with the built-in
bookmark.el.

In this case, a "project" is simply folder containing documents pertaining to any articles I'm writing or classes I'm teaching currently. When I finish an article or a class I simply remove the bookmark and it ceases to show up when I call 'consult-dir.'

It's nothing fancy, but it's quicker than 'find-file,' and so far I haven't missed any of the functionality offered by project or projectile. My thinking was: pare down my config, and then build back up if I found anything missing. So far, I haven't felt the need.