emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs "Projects" management?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs "Projects" management?
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2021 18:46:59 +0900

> On Oct 6, 2021, at 17:39, Joost Kremers <joostkremers@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> In the end, though, it really comes down to this question: what exactly do you
> expect from your "project management" software? What should it be able to help
> you with?

It occurs to me that Alan may be looking for a global way to arbitrary link his
various files and locations.

I do that here, on macOS by extensively using the OS provided tagging
facilities. I can "call" all the tagged files in one (or many) category by
using the system-wide search mechanism "Spotlight" and by specifying "tag:
whatever" and then I have all the items tagged as such displayed in a
centralized file manager window where I can work on them and they can be opened
in their various associated applications, etc.

I guess if there was a similar tagging system in Emacs (or is there?), it would
be relatively easy to emulate a similar behavior.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com