emacs-humanities

Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs "Projects" management?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: [emacs-humanities] Emacs "Projects" management?
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 16:10:08 +0900

> On Oct 19, 2022, at 14:40, Alan Davis <alan3davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you.  Now I remember that.
>
> Are they persistent?

They are. The look like folders but with a different color (the system calls
them ".savedSearch" by the way).

> Can one collect and select from other searches to populate further the smart
> folder?

They are live search results. So if you want to modify their contents, you
change the metadata of the files that you want to see there. Typically that
would be: add or remove a tag on a file.

I do that for the MA I'm working on. I have a tag for "to print", one for
"printed", one for each language I work with. And with that I have a folder for
"printed Japanese references" etc., which is automatically updated when I
change a tag.

I collect my org files that way too (to go back to our Emacs topic ;-).

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://traductaire-libre.org