Re: [Orgmode] Adding entries to Google calendar

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Adding entries to Google calendar
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:36:36 +0100

On 9 Sep 2010 10:56:56 +0200, "Sven Bretfeld" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Matt
>
> Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Sven says something about using org-remember to do the same work --
> > it's not clear to me whether you have that working, Sven.  In any case
> > would it be difficult to use org-capture instead of the diary?  That
> > would certainly be better for my workflow, since i'm not in my
> > calendar view very often (htough i suppose if i'm making an
> > appointment maybe i ought to be.
>
> No, I don't. It is indeed possible to add an advice to
> org-remember-finalize and I think this could be the right point to start
> from.

that would seem appropriate but, as you say:

> But we have to find a way to parse the data from the
> remember-buffer. Eric's approach is different, because he uses variables
> that do only occur when using the "agenda to diary" method.

Yes, I used the diary approach because the data I needed were readily
available.

>  However, I
> fear that my abilities are to weak for that. I cannot really read and
> understand complex Lisp packages like org-remember.el or org-capture.el.

and I'm in the same boat, although slowly getting better (but gaining
further expertise in emacs lisp is unfortunately low on my todo list
due to work... sigh).

The key to the code is indeed getting the data needed in the right
form because the google command line tool does the rest...
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D