Re: [O] Conflict between Org-Mode versions?

From: Michael Hannon
Subject: Re: [O] Conflict between Org-Mode versions?
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:13:22 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Nick Dokos <address@hidden>

>> Is there something else that I can/should do to make sure that the original
>> Org-Mode is really gone?
>

>Restart your emacs to make sure that you don't have any remnants, but
>otherwise this seems fullproof to me.

Hi, Nick.  Yes, I did restart Emacs but had the same problems.

>> Here are a couple of the inconsistencies to which I've been referring:
>
>>     (1) When I use C-c C-t to mark a task as DONE, no timestamp appears.

> What is the setting of org-log-done? Do C-h v org-log-done <RET>

Bingo.  Setting that variable to true caused the time stamps to appear.

FWIW, in Emacs I typed:

    C-h v org<TAB>

and got no fewer than 931 completions.  A lot of knobs to turn!

>>     (2) When I use the construct:
>
>>             [[URL] [description]]

>                    ^
>                    ^
>No space here       ^

>>         the line does NOT collapse to:
>
>>             "description"
>
>>         when I add the closing bracket, and if I export to HTML or PDF, I
>>         get the whole ugly line, brackets and all.

Yep, omitting the space fixed the problem.  I guess I've got a knee-jerk
instinct to try to "pretty print", and I didn't notice the the "][" brackets
were contiguous in the example.

Thanks for your help.

-- Mike