Re: [O] org-odt and bibliography

From: Matt Price
Subject: Re: [O] org-odt and bibliography
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 20:57:27 -0400

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Henri-Paul Indiogine <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Torsten!

2011/7/7 Torsten Anders <address@hidden>:
> For bibliographies in MS Word and/or OpenOffice you may wan to check out Zotero (http://www.zotero.org/) and its extensions for these platforms.

Yes, good idea.  I installed Zotero.  Too bad there is no extension
for Chrome, but using Firefox is still much, much better than using
IE.  Which I could not because I run Ubuntu Linux.

The zotero Standalone Alpha has a Chrome extension.  I think using Zotero is a much better bet than trying to use the native OOo bibliographic features which were always very primitive, never really expanded as they were supposed to be, and have, I believe, more or less rotted in the last several years.   there have been threads on this list about using zotero with org-mode; now that org-odt as been incorporated into the org relase (yay!) maybe someone will figure out how to translate zotero ids into odt documents using the command-line version of OOo or something.