Re: About 'inline special blocks'

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: About 'inline special blocks'
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 13:55:22 +0000

Ihor Radchenko writes:

> I think that we might simply allow to define complex configuration
> before the containing paragraph. Something like:
>
> #+attr_latex[name]: <complex config goes here>
> Vestibulum convallis, lorem blockname_[<<name>>]{text} a tempus semper, dui
> dui euismod elit, vitae placerat urna tortor vitae lacus.
>
> "<<name>>" will be treated as "<complex config goes here>" during
> export/parsing.

I really like this idea of taking the complex configuration (in case it
is needed) out of the paragraph. I vote for a procedure of this style.
That rows in favor of legibility and lightness. Of course, the blocks
that need an /ad hoc/ configuration represent, in my opinion, an extreme
use case; and, as I mentioned before, I think that it should be avoided
as much as possible. I also fully agree with Tim's comments on this.
Ideally, any format settings for LaTeX, odt, html, etc. must be done
globally, outside the body.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel