Re: About 'inline special blocks'

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: About 'inline special blocks'
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 00:05:44 +0700

On 25/05/2022 14:22, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:
On 24/05/2022 09:51, Timothy wrote:

To me, this is another reason for comment and #+attr_X lines not to break
paragraphs, as then we can just re-use #+attr_X lines.

I will raise a compatibility issue, but it is bad enough to not think
about other things.
AFAIU, the proposed change will break whole export system? How would you
represent the AST of

First line
# comment
Second line

Should we consider a comment as inline object? I suspect that such
change will cause unpredictable breakages all around Org and third-party
packages.

I believed that comments are stripped before passing to export backend, so I did not expect any problem with inline comments.

#+macro: nofollow [[attr:(:html (:rel "nofollow noopener"))]]

An {{{nofollow}}[[attr:(:html (:title "be
careful!"))]][[http://unsafe.com][unsafe link]].

I am not sure if I like this idea. It seems fine, but I afraid that it
will complicate parser at some point. We may want to assign such inline
properties to the following object, which is already a pain for
affiliated keywords.

Certainly parser should recognize inline attributes, but I do not expect real complications here. Assigning attributes may be performed when AST is ready. Just collect attributes and put them to the following non-attribute object during breadth-first tree transversal. Attributes as the last child is a reason for a warning.