Re: [FR] Allow end date and max repeat count for timestamps with repeate

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [FR] Allow end date and max repeat count for timestamps with repeaters (was: [FEATURE REQUEST] Timezone support in org-mode datestamps and org-agenda)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 18:09:52 -0700

On 1/14/23, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:
> However, I do not see why we cannot implement them within the current
> Org timestamp syntax:

my concern would be personal code and 3rd-party packages, which might
have their own peculiar parsing.

that parsing might even be of non-org files with org syntax that is
embedded in another syntax.  [like, parsing diffs of org, with
planning line tses and perhaps trying to accommodate various user
settings for org indentation where possible.]

if otoh org provides really good api that can even do that, then i
suppose you could tell those devs to use that api.

also my personal preference is for less new org syntax.  which is one
reason why i like cl-style sexp kw for future features and
subfeatures.  syntax can be hard to look up in the org manual, hard to
remember, etc.  but that's mho.