Re: [emms-help] [patch] better kill-track

From: Yoni Rabkin
Subject: Re: [emms-help] [patch] better kill-track
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 11:43:56 -0400

> If I don't do C-a C-k I will not kill the entire line in *EMMS
> Playlist*.  This is nonsense.
>
> Also, I often have to do C-k C-k since an empty line remains.  This
> patch fixes both of these issue and makes C-k in *EMMS Playlist* more
> pleasant IMO.
>
> The patch should apply against master.

I've always viewed it as a feature since C-k killing in an Emms playlist
buffer behaved exactly like it did everywhere else in Emacs; uniformity
and the principle of least surprise.

This means that you can kill a line from the playlist and then
immediately yank a different line into that space from the kill-ring
with the exact same muscle memory that works everywhere else.

But recognizing that people sometime want to just remove the track,
there has always been the "D" binding in the playlist buffer, aka
`emms-playlist-mode-kill-entire-track'. Does it do what you want?