Re: Emms not working with MPD

From: Alexis Praga
Subject: Re: Emms not working with MPD
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2021 00:45:52 +0200

Yoni Rabkin <yoni@rabkins.net> writes:
> It should work, at its simplest, if you invoke:
>
>     emms-player-mpd-connect
>
> ...followed by:
>
>     emms-player-mpd-update-all
>
> Can you please do that and report back?
>
> --
>    "Cut your own wood and it will warm you twice"

Hi, and thanks for the quick answer.

Running the two commands shows "Updating database with ID 1". I can head
the hard drive spinning but when I try to run `emms-smart-browse`, I
only have one sub-sub folder and nothing is added. Music plays fine for
this folder, though.

Trying to use `emms-player-update-directory` fails with "Could not
update database".

Running `emms-player-mpd-update-all-reset-cache` shows almost immediately
"Updating finished" but is stuck with "Dumping MusicPD data to
cache...".".

Cheers,