fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Remote bash script wont run via Fabric

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Remote bash script wont run via Fabric
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 15:58:33 -0700

Hi Colin,

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 6:07 AM, Colin Wood <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is there something fabric does
> different than regular SSH that I should be aware of?

Not specifically, but this (init-style scripts which don't error but
also don't actually start their daemon) is an issue which pops up
sporadically and I don't believe we've figured out what the cause is
yet. Which Fabric version are you using?

If I were on the system in question I'd be instrumenting the script in
question with echo statements to try and get a handle on what's
happening inside the script, in both scenarios (Fabric and manual).

Another thing to try is to explicitly give the "pty" kwarg to run/sudo
(so if you're on Fab 1.x and are not already specifying it, it'll be
True, so try eg sudo(command, pty=False)). Pretty sure we've already
ruled that out but it's still worth double checking.

Thanks,
Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier