fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Remote bash script wont run via Fabric

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Remote bash script wont run via Fabric
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 11:37:47 -0700

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Colin Wood <address@hidden> wrote:

> Once I removed that it worked fine. I did try the different pty settings and
> it didnt seem to matter.

Interesting, so it may have been a different root problem than the one
I troubleshooted (and which others had reported, as mentioned -- so
effort not wasted IMO :))

I have maintained for a while now that init scripts kind of suck ;)
Even when ssh'd in interactively I've often had problems with init
scripts giving the all-clear while not actually spinning up their
daemons, and similar problems.

Anyway, glad you figured it out!

Best,
Jeff