fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Remote bash script wont run via Fabric

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Remote bash script wont run via Fabric
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 18:45:23 -0700

Last reply for now, promise :)

On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Jeff Forcier <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hopefully it's something tty-related, which
> is easily manipulated with the pty kwarg.

Looks like my hunch was right: if you look at the ticket I linked
previously I've been taking notes. It's clear that with pty=False,
this problem goes away; and it's also clear that the same problem
occurs with regular ssh and its -t/-T options (so it's not
Fabric-specific.) It's not clear *why* this behavior occurs,
unfortunately.

I'll document the "init scripts seem to misbehave with pty=True" issue
in an FAQ unless something comes up that offers a different solution.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier
Unix sysadmin; Python/Ruby engineer