Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] fluidsynth
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:42:19 +0200

Pavel Navrkal wrote:
Hallo,
I download fluidsynth 1.0.4-2. With my YAMAHA keyboard it work well. But I have electronik drums from YAMAHA with MIDI output. When I play on this drums. It lost many hits.
The raw midi output from the ALSA device from drums:

FE FE FE FE FE FE 99 2B 65 2B 00 2B 7F 2B 00 FE 99 2F 7F 2F 00 FE FE FE 99 2E 3E 2E 00 FE FE .......

Timidity work well with this drums, but it is unuseable for me.

What can I do?

Hallo Pavel,

The MIDI and SoundFont specifications handle drum channels slightly
differently than normal instrument channels. And I'm not really sure that
FluidSynth handles them correctly. Is it possible to record your drums
in a MIDI file and send it to me (best add the soundfont file, too).

As a quick test, you can also start the synthesizer with the -v
command line switch. It should print out information about the events
it receives in the shell.

Best,

Pavel Navrkal