Re: [fluid-dev] macos x questions

From: Fausto Saporito
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] macos x questions
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:55:52 +0200

Hi Josh,

thanks a lot for your explanation.
I used the select command in this way: select 1 0 0 0 ... select 2 0 0 0 in order to have, for example :

> channels
chan 0, Acoustic Piano
chan 1, Acoustic Piano
chan 2, Acoustic Piano
chan 3, Acoustic Piano
chan 4, Acoustic Piano
chan 5, Acoustic Piano
chan 6, Acoustic Piano
chan 7, Acoustic Piano
chan 8, Acoustic Piano
chan 9, Acoustic Piano
chan 10, Acoustic Piano
chan 11, Acoustic Piano
chan 12, Acoustic Piano
chan 13, Acoustic Piano
chan 14, Acoustic Piano
chan 15, Acoustic Piano

is there a quickest way to do same?
Maybe a selectall command. sometimes some midi files use "strange" channels, so you need more than 1 channel to play correctly the midi. :-)

just another question, now i am able to run the cvs fluidsynth with midishare and without any error at the startup. I'm quite new to MACOS world, so I tried to use the MIDI interface tool, shipped with MACOS, but i don't know how to configure a midi interface there, and if it's really needed to do that.

Do you know a good midi player for macos x?

thanks,
fausto