Re: [fluid-dev] macos x questions

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] macos x questions
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:45:05 -0700

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 06:11, Ebrahim Mayat wrote:
> Are you running FS using an external MIDI-USB keyboard, a MIDI keyboard
> routed through an MIDI-USB interface or just simply running FS from
> Terminal.app? if you using the second option, you simply have to
> install the OS X driver that is supplied on the CD included with the
> MIDI-USB interface. As for using a keyboard that plugs directly into
> the USB socket, I would imagine that Josh has some experience with
> this.

Actually I'm not familiar with routing MIDI on Mac OSX. If you asked me
how to do it with Linux I could tell you though :) At some point I will
get my hands on a Mac, since I will be doing some other cross platform
development (in addition to Swami) and would like to test things, maybe
then I will have a better idea.

I'd recommend looking at any relevant user documentation that applies to
midishare, since this is the MIDI driver you are using. I'd imagine it
has support for routing MIDI between programs and things like that (or
at least I'd hope so, since this is a nice feature).

Cheers.
        Josh Green