[fluid-dev] macos x questions

From: Fausto Saporito
Subject: [fluid-dev] macos x questions
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:18:39 +0200

Hello all,

i'm trying to use fluidsynth 1.0.5 under Mac OS X 10.3, but I have a strange error during at the start:

fluidsynth: error: Couldn't find the requested midi driver
Failed to create the MIDI thread; no MIDI input
will be available. You can access the synthesizer
through the console.
fluidsynth version 1.0.5
Copyright (C) 2000-2002 Peter Hanappe and others.
FLUID Synth comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions; see the COPYING file for details.
SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.

Type 'help' to get information on the shell commands.

I don't know which midi driver I have to use. Basically what I want to do is to use a midi player that see the fluidsynth as a software synth, instead to use the internal midi player.

Another question, I tried to see in the online help but i had no success, how can I assign to all the channels the same soundfont?

thanks a lot,
Fausto