[fluid-dev] Re: [Linuxsampler-devel] Re: [ANN] Beta test of the Resonanc

From: RittervomNie
Subject: [fluid-dev] Re: [Linuxsampler-devel] Re: [ANN] Beta test of the Resonance Instrument Database
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:08:18 +0200

Josh Green schrieb:
On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 07:48 +0200, address@hidden wrote:

Josh Green schrieb:

I'm happy to announce the initial beta testing of the Resonance
Instrument Database: http://sounds.resonance.org.

I'm really looking forward to contribute some hardware-synth samples (Novation A Station, Waldorf Rack Attack, Vermona DRM MK II...).

I think its probably generally breaking copyright laws to distribute
hardware synth samples.
I'd create them myself, trigger the synth, record with audacity, do some editing, pack it as gig and write the DLS-1 INFO-block "ICOP" as well as the "ICMT" block (comment). Any questions? I even wouldn't offer preset samples, I'd enhance them *g*

And "to think it's probably" a break of law is not "to know" that it is breaking any law *g*