Re: KMid (was Re: [fluid-dev] Re: lost connection to Jack server)

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
Subject: Re: KMid (was Re: [fluid-dev] Re: lost connection to Jack server)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:12:41 +0200

On Wednesday, October 21, 2009, jimmy wrote:
> Would it be better depending on just QT4, or QT4.5, instead of KDE.

I am a KDE user, so my preference is keeping KMid as a KDE application.

> Jack-midi could probably help on win32 and even Mac, I think???

Jack MIDI may be the right thing for Ardour, but it is a big nuisance for
everything else. For instance, FluidSynth. I'm NOT an Ardour user, and I'm
certainly not going to use any application requiring exclusively Jack MIDI.

Regards,
Pedro