Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Last QSynth issues committed

From: Rui Nuno Capela
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Last QSynth issues committed
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 08:36:24 +0000

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:15:21 -0800, address@hidden wrote:
> Quoting Rui Nuno Capela <address@hidden>:
>>
>> i think i have this all fluid_synth_program_reset() thing gone right
now.

>> qsynth svn trunk bumped to 0.3.4.12 and it is behaving a lot better now
>> :) or so it seems.
>>

> I checked it out and gave it a whirl.  Seemed to work better.  I did
> notice another slight issue though.  When pressing the Panic button
> the channels window doesn't update.  This is likely because the System
> reset event is queued and handled in the synthesis thread, so there is
> a delay (its not synchronous in regards to calling
> fluid_synth_system_reset).  Pressing it a second time will update to
> the latest values (all reset to 0/0).
>
> I'd rather not have to make that synchronous at this time, but it does
> deviate from previous FluidSynth behavior.
>
>> i'm happy to say that remnant issues re.qsynth are moot now and
>> fluidsynth one-one-one may take off :)
>>

> Anxious to release it! :)  Let me know if the
> fluid_synth_system_reset() issue seems like a show stopper.

not at all. one can live with that :)

however, for future thought, maybe a client notification mechanism would
be handy, that is, for client like qsynth get notified for the completion
on those asynchronous tasks, eh? notification callbacks, anyone?

but again, not a show-stopper.

one one one, go go go
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela