Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Last QSynth issues committed

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: Last QSynth issues committed
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:19:56 -0800

Quoting Rui Nuno Capela <address@hidden>:

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:15:21 -0800, address@hidden wrote:
Quoting Rui Nuno Capela <address@hidden>:

i think i have this all fluid_synth_program_reset() thing gone right
now.

qsynth svn trunk bumped to 0.3.4.12 and it is behaving a lot better now
:) or so it seems.

I checked it out and gave it a whirl.  Seemed to work better.  I did
notice another slight issue though.  When pressing the Panic button
the channels window doesn't update.  This is likely because the System
reset event is queued and handled in the synthesis thread, so there is
a delay (its not synchronous in regards to calling
fluid_synth_system_reset).  Pressing it a second time will update to
the latest values (all reset to 0/0).

I'd rather not have to make that synchronous at this time, but it does
deviate from previous FluidSynth behavior.

i'm happy to say that remnant issues re.qsynth are moot now and
fluidsynth one-one-one may take off :)

Anxious to release it! :)  Let me know if the
fluid_synth_system_reset() issue seems like a show stopper.

not at all. one can live with that :)

however, for future thought, maybe a client notification mechanism would
be handy, that is, for client like qsynth get notified for the completion
on those asynchronous tasks, eh? notification callbacks, anyone?

but again, not a show-stopper.

one one one, go go go
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
address@hidden

I was thinking the same thing, in regards to notification callbacks. So its a go then! :)

Josh