Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.2 release planning

From: Elimar Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.2 release planning
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:13:33 -0700

Hello David and Fluid-Dev list,

A FluidSynth release in 1-3 weeks sounds fine to me.  Although I have
not had a chance to test your latest changes and I'm not sure if I
will get the chance, as I'm still traveling about and don't have
access to a development system.  I had thought I was going to have
some time to devote to this before, but plans changed.

It would be nice to have the MSVC projects working.  I have struggled
in the past to keep this going, despite the fact I don't personally
use it.  Fixing it could be deferred to a later release though.

As far as the voice stealing.  I don't see any particular problem with
leaving the logic the way it has been and wait for a future release to
improve it.  Seems like there have been a lot of architectural
changes, so minimizing the number of additional changes might be a
good idea.

Just my 2 cents.  Feel free to do the release when you feel
comfortable with it.  Let me know if you need any help with that
process and I can see what I can do.

Cheers!

Elimar