Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.2 release planning

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth 1.1.2 release planning
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 20:58:45 +0200

2010-07-14 11:34, David Henningsson skrev:
> Okay, so the new architecture is in place and seems to work well so far
> (at least according to my own tests), and so it would be nice to have a
> release with this included, in say 1 - 3 weeks from now.

Things are going less fast than planned at the moment. I have a
preliminary implementation of voice overflow (stealing), with
settings-configurable weights, but there is a bug in it which I'm trying
to trace down and want to do so before I commit it.

Elimar, unless you want to do the actual release yourself, do you have a
checklist for things that should be updated when performing a release?

As for the Jack MIDI thread stuff, does any of you use JACK midi or know
any software that uses Jack MIDI both with and without free-wheeling mode?

> * Testing, testing, testing! That's always appreciated to make sure will
> be 1.1.2 is our best and most stable release so far! In particular,
> please test the new cmake build system, especially if you use a little
> less common platform (i e anything else than Linux and Windows), or you
> feel somewhat responsible for a specific platform.

I'm glad that you have tried it out and so far found no showstoppers.
Now I should probably fix the autotools build as well ;-)

// David