Re: [pooma-dev] goofy Domain constructors

From: Dave Nystrom
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] goofy Domain constructors
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:59:15 -0600 (MDT)

Mark Mitchell writes:
 > Note that I'd feel differently if Blanca used aCC -- but as far as I
 > know they don't.

We do not currently use aCC and I don't anticipate us needing to any time
soon.  We use CodeWarrior, KCC and SGI CC right now.  We will need to use the
Compaq C++ compiler although Kuck has said they will support KCC on that
platform.  Also, we might need to use the IBM compiler for the Livermore
machines although KCC is an option there also.  I noticed that KCC-4.0d is
available for both IBM and HP machines.  We'd like to be able to use gcc also
but Mark says it is not up to the task yet.  Finally, we are compiling all of
our stuff with KCC using the various "strict" flags and it is compiling fine
- and of course, that is including alot of Pooma 2 code.  So, it seems that
at least the parts of Pooma 2 that we are using must be pretty ANSI
compliant.  Of course, I'm all for cleaning up code implementation where it
is appropriate.

Just my 2 cents worth,

--
Dave Nystrom                    email: address@hidden
LANL X-3                        phone: 505-667-7913     fax: 505-665-3046