Re: [pooma-dev] Status of Particles and Parallelism

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Status of Particles and Parallelism
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 16:08:31 +0200

Jeffrey D. Oldham wrote:
Richard,

Last month you made progress on particles in the Pooma CVS repository. Steve Nolen wishes to use particles in the Pooma repository code and MPI for his work. What is the current state of the particles codes with MPI. As an alternate, using Cheetah will be acceptable. Thanks for the information.

Sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation. Parallel Particles are not supported with MPI as I was not able to understand what PatchParticleSwapLayout (or whatever it is called). If anyone provides me with some explanation, I'll happily look at what is missing.

Btw. I have some Cheetah fixes myself, I can collect these together and maybe we could provide at least a patch for download along the cheetah tarball.

Richard.