Re: [pooma-dev] Re: Cheetah Status

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Re: Cheetah Status
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:15:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Richard Guenther wrote:

> Jeffrey D. Oldham wrote:
> > Richard Guenther wrote:
> >
> >> Btw. I have some Cheetah fixes myself, I can collect these together
> >> and maybe we could provide at least a patch for download along the
> >> cheetah tarball.
> >>
> >> Richard.
> >

> > Yes, let's put together your changes and Steve Nolen's changes into a
> > new Cheetah 1.1.5 release.  Will you please send them to me?  I'll
> > create a Cheetah CVS repository.
>
> I'll send my local changes to you on Monday.  But I think we shouldn't
> release until others are reporting success with a set of collected
> patches.  Obviously I only tested MPI and not the various other means of
> parallelism in the Cheetah library.

Ok, here's my set of local changes to the Cheetah library.

Sometimes  Richard Guenther <address@hidden>

        * BUGS: new.
        bin/makeinstall: ignore SCCS dirs.
        config/LINUXGCC.conf: use -g, not -ggdb.
        config/LINUXICC.conf: new.
        configure: don't set shmem_locksrc, build-system
        is broken.
        src/Controller/ControllerFactory.cpp: build factory
        with arg not removed.
        src/Controller/Group.h: reorder initializers.
        src/Controller/Shmem/MM_Allocator.h: remove broken
        method.
        src/Utilities/CheetahRefCountedPtr.h: const pointer
        by value makes no sense.

This patch is against the cheetah-1.1.4 tarball.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>