[FR-devel] My name is Bob...

From: Robert
Subject: [FR-devel] My name is Bob...
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:57:59 -0500

And I am a Ruby-holic.  : )

I was asked to introduce myself to you since I have added myself to the
developers list. So since I do not know what you want to know I will
give you a synopsis.

You have my name to start with. I am married have two kids. I live in
Northern Virginia in a town called Linden. I am very new to Ruby and
have actually spent more time with Python than Ruby. I really like Ruby
and the folks involved, hence I am dumping the Python. My "job" will be
doing the help section of FreeRIDE. Curtis and I have e-mailed back and
forth a couple of times so I figured I might as well jump in with both
feet. I actually already have a working model of the help system. It is
all javascript and HTML and I am validating against HTML 4.01 to make
sure it is cross-platform. I really have not done anything like this but
I know that the "help" is not a glorious task and it didn't seem like
anyone was jumping out of c.l.ruby to do it. I really like the concept
of FreeRIDE and I hope to make a good contribution to the project.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to give them.

A little about what I have so far? Well, I am using frames to display
the help. The left frame contains a javascript tree with topics and
expanding/collapsing tree nodes. The help displays in the right frame.
At the top of the left frame I have two buttons. One buttons expands the
whole help tree the other collapses the tree. The icons are very nice
IMO. I did not create them but got them from the KDE-Look site and I am
asking the author for permission to use them. If he says yes...there are
many from 16x16 on up that can even be used in the IDE proper. Anyway I
am sure you will see it for yourself soon.

Well that is my "little" blurb. Hope it gives you enough info about me.
If not...ask away!

Bob