[FR-devel] Please Review the GUI Core

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: [FR-devel] Please Review the GUI Core
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 05:13:51 -0800

If you're like me and you regularly look at the "Recent Changes" page of our wiki, then you probably already know that I've been working on a "GUI Core" design document:

    http://www.rubyide.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GUIFrameworkProject/GUICore

It has progressed a little more slowly than I would have liked (too many other things competing for my attention), but there is enough there already to give you a feeling for the approach I am taking. The basic architectural ideas are written up and mostly what is left to do is to fill out the details on the GUI components.

One of the primary goals is to create an easy-to-use interface to the FreeRIDE GUI system that is independent of any particular rendering system (FOX, GTK+, etc).

Please take a look and feed me your comments and questions.

Curt