[FR-devel] Re: Welcome to FR-devel

From: Baptiste Lepilleur
Subject: [FR-devel] Re: Welcome to FR-devel
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 00:27:10 +0200

Hi everyone,

My name is Baptiste Lepilleur, and I'll soon be 28 years old. I live near
Paris in France. My main skill focus is C++, but I've been trying to expand
my horizon, and as such I have a reasonable grasp of Java. I was still
missing a good script langage, and a little more than a week ago, I started
learning Ruby. I have been CppUnit
(http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/cppunit/) main developper for about a
year and project manager since the begining of this year.

I started working on Pratical Ruby (an Ruby IDE, more on that in another
mail) because I could not find a environment that provided the tight unit
testing integration I'm used to (I'm kind of addicted to unit testing).

I usually try to use intention revealing name, but often my english get in
the way, so feel free to correct me.

I don't like GUI programming (never found something that is simple enough,
even with Java), but somehow always end up doing some.

I'm not sure what I will do for FreeRide, but I'll probably try to help
getting the thing started, then focus on features that help in everyday
life...

My development environment is Windows 2000 with Ruby 1.6.7 ms-win32 and VC++
6 SP5 (with WorkspaceWhiz! add-ins ;-).

I have a simple modem and a monthly time limit for internet access, so don't
expect too much from me in Wiki :-(.

Baptiste
---
Baptiste Lepilleur <address@hidden>