RE: [FR-devel] Unit Testing integration (was: Re: Welcome to FR-devel)

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Unit Testing integration (was: Re: Welcome to FR-devel)
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 04:23:29 -0700

Baptiste Lepilleur wrote:

> The user should be able to run the unit tests of a specific file
> (it may be
> a single test case or a test suite (a file that require other test case).

[snip]

As you have outlined, the IDE should have support for running unit tests and
assist the user in navigating to the source of failures.

But I also think the IDE should also have support for creating unit tests. I
should be able to invoke a command that says I want to add a new unit test,
and the IDE should do as much of the work for me as possible -- like
inserting the require statement (if needed), inserting an empty skeleton
test method, and so on.

Curt