RE: [FR-devel] First Developer Release of FreeRIDE coming VERY SOON!

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] First Developer Release of FreeRIDE coming VERY SOON!
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 06:12:07 -0700

Horacio Lopez wrote:

> *snip good stuff*
> >
> > Before I check the code in I need to add RDoc comments, test it
> under the
> > latest release for FXRuby, and write up some release notes that
> document the
> > framework. I will, subsequently, use these release notes as the
> basis for a
> > more formal documentation update on the wiki.
> >
> > Curt
>
> Great work Curt !!!
>
> I have some bandwidth available now, and I will be
> pleased to put the hands on that code :-)
>
> cheers,
>             vruz.

This is going to be a good time for you to get some preliminary support for
internationalization in place. Once I get my code checked in you can look at
the state of it and see what might make sense at this stage.

The most glaring problem you will find are the literal strings that I have
used for a few error messages, dialog boxes, and menu text. At a minimum, if
we have a simple way to deal with strings like these it will save us a lot
of work later on when we have more full-featured I18N support.

Curt