Re: [FR-devel] Problem starting FreeRIDE

From: Gilles Filippini
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Problem starting FreeRIDE
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 22:59:52 +0200

Gilles Filippini wrote:

[snip]
> The run.bat script launches Freeride. Everything seems OK.
> The only problem I have so far is that the font used in the editor is
> microscopic. I'll try to investigate this problem.

I think I've found out what the problem is. Here is a piece of code from
freeride/plugins/System_GuiRenderFox/fxscintilla/scintilla.rb:

def _setOneStyle(snum, style)
  setStyleSetItalic(snum, style.italic?) if style.specified &
    Style::ITALIC
  setStyleSetBold(snum, style.bold?) if style.specified & Style::BOLD
  setStyleSetEOLFilled(snum, style.eolfilled?) if style.specified &
    Style::EOLFILLED
  setStyleSetUnderline(snum, style.underline?) if style.specified &
    Style::UNDERLINE
  setStyleSetFont(snum, style.font) if style.specified & Style::FONT
  setStyleSetSize(snum, style.size) if style.specified & Style::SIZE
  setStyleSetFore(snum, style.fore) if style.specified & Style::FORE
  setStyleSetBack(snum, style.back) if style.specified & Style::BACK
  setStyleSetCase(snum, style.caseForce) if style.specified &
    Style::CASE_FORCE
end

All the tests "if style.specified & Style::<something>" are wrong IMHO.
They should be:

  if style.specified & Style::<something> != 0

I didn't look at the whole code but this problem is likely to be present
in other places. I'll have a more complete check by monday.

_gilles.