[FR-devel] I'm Back

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: [FR-devel] I'm Back
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 06:42:55 -0700

Hi guys, I'm back!!!

If you hadn't figured it out from my previous emails, my wife is from Thailand. Her father had been seriously ill, and he died last week. It was pretty much expected as he was 81 years old and had been in poor health for some time. My wife is staying there for a while to help out her family, and I'm back in San Francisco taking care of our two kids.

I'm taking a class this week, and I will try to get caught up on the postings to this ML. But I'm really pleased to see that you guys have been so active (thanks Rich for finding that errant 's' character in EditCommands.rb).

After I finish my class (or while I'm in it, if I have time) I will work on getting the wiki updated with more details and how-tos of the FreeRIDE architecture. I realize, as Rich put it, that it is a very unique architecture that has a definite learning curve. But I think once you get up to speed on it, you will find it to be very flexible.

Well.... until there is a decent way to inspect the state and trace the activity in the databus, you might be tempted to curse the architecture. This is really a top priority as it make FreeRIDE development easier for everyone.

Is someone willing to volunteer to write a databus inspector? Let me know, and I will pass on some ideas and an example of the databus inspector that I wrote for a Java version of the databus (unfortunately, the Java databus is different enough that the inspector cannot be ported).

Regards,
Curt